Development Update : 18/2/2014
Just a quick update for this week with some interesting news.
NEW GAME - So I’ve undertaken a new project. Only about a week or so into development (bear with me here) and all the main Gameplay functions are done. It’s a fixed screen 2D-Platformer based on completing rooms and stuff. Making it Hard, but fair.
Development is going very very smoothly and I should have a 12 Level Demo up real soon! Alos developing for Android too, so we’ll see how that goes in the coming weeks!
Within Dreams - Moved onto a new “Act” in the game and I’m currently working on a unique lighting system. Was previously having trouble with a lighting system due to the fact the entire game is based around Silhouettes and just darkness, but I managed to solve that problem pretty quickly.
Tumblr - Going to be giving the Tumblr page a new look soon, as just plain white is boring and shit so be sure to keep an eye out for that. Till then stay tuned to my twitter which will be linked below!
Twitter - @daninfiction
'Within Dreams' Development Update : 30/01/2014
Hey there! Been a little while since the last Update. As always I’ve been quite busy with day to day stuff, so fitting in Dev time can be hard but I’m getting places at the moment! Which is always good. Anyways, onto the update stuff!
- Firstly, Level Design. As I’ve said before this stage is currently in FULL swing. So I’m constantly designing levels and tweaking them at the same time. Obviously this can be quite tedious. Designing a single level, and testing and changing things usually takes anywhere from 2-3 weeks. Although on average I work on the game about 12-15 hours a week, so you can see the problem here. But, progress so far has been good.
- Boss Fights! I’ve conceptualised 3 so far and have actually designed 1. The Bosses themselves are puzzles so finding unique and interesting ways to defeat them is challenging, as there is actually no combat in the game at all.
-DEMO. So in previous updates I’ve mentioned the chances of there being a Demo for “Within Dreams”. I was talking about a Jan/Feb release. But seeing as it’s the end of January, you can tell that this has not gone according to plan. I don’t feel like the game is ready to be Demo’d BUT I do feel like I’m nearing an ALPHA testing phase. Details will come, when they come. But soon!
-Website! No big details here, other than that I’m preparing for a site where all the WD stuff will make a cosy home for itself!
-And finally……..the elusive Trailer. So I’ve been working on both a teaser and gameplay Trailer for Within Dreams. Apart from some Framerate issues, editing, sound etc, I think you should all be seeing a Trailer pretty soon. If all goes to plan (which is always the case).
That’s it for todays update! I’ll post some new screenshots during the week. Possibly some Gifs!
"Go fuck yourselves San Diego"
Happy New Year everyone!
Just some quick updates on Within Dreams!
- Level Design is now in full swing, with concepts pretty much done, I’m now moving onto Asset creation and implementation into the game.
- The Demo for “Within Dreams” is still being polished, with animations etc. being cleaned up and some simple scripting being fixed. The release date for Demo however is going to be moved back a month or two as I’d like to start advertising the game more!
- Within Dreams now has a FACEBOOK page! So go give it a Like!
- I’ll (hopefully) record some game footage and upload it to Youtube to show off some real Gameplay.
That’s it for now!